Event - Stream Projects - Buck Creek
The Buck Creek fish passage project is set for July 13th. This is a simple project, but involves removing rocks from jump pools below the culvert by hand. We’ll be in the water a bit, so bring your boots, and grip type work gloves.
If you have some 5-gallon buckets bring a couple of those too, I’m trying to get a supply of those as well. From doing similar projects in the past I have found that the “human chain” method of passing buckets along is the simplest, safest, and least tiring way to get this job done.
There will be a nice camp style hot lunch served by Joe Blum so please call me ahead of time or send me an email so we can get the head count right. 503-286-2093 firstname.lastname@example.org The lunch will be good, and for all you workers it will be free! Who says “there is no free lunch?” To be a part of this project, be in the parking lot at Glenn Otto Park at 7:45 Saturday the 13th.
About those lunches…the chapter will pay for the food for all such events, but in order to save funds we could use donations of serviceable cooking gear for camp style cooking , a propane stove that’s easy to transport, ice chests, and so forth. So go look out in your garage, and see if that thing you bought to go camping and only used twice is still in your way. If so, contact Joe Blum at -email@example.com
Your Stream Team consists of the following-
- Larry Palmer- overall team leader- 503-286-2093 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Rothenbucher – team leader- project materials and volunteers 503-257-0039 email@example.com
- Art Israelson – team leader - safety and first aid 503-666-2599 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Kirkpatrick –team leader- photos and documentation 503-284-4633 email@example.com
- Joe Blum- team leader food and refreshments firstname.lastname@example.org
- Russ Sumida
- Doug Miller
- John Hydorn
- Brandon Rush
- Lonnie Thurston
- Don Voeks
- Scott- Leininger
- Doug Briggs
- Tim Henson
Don’t see your name on the list? Sign up today! Contact -
Larry Palmer- overall team leader- 503-286-2093 email@example.com