Welcome to the website of the Sandy River Chapter of the Association of Northwest Steelheaders.
The Sandy River Chapter was formed in 1964 and is currently located along the shores of the Sandy River in Troutdale, Oregon. Since its inception, this chapter has helped by playing a key role in the development and conservation of sport fishing and is dedicated to improving the freshwater fisheries in the Northwest.
Sandy's members have a varied levels of experience from novice to guide level. We have wide interest range including but certainly not limited to the following: Angler Education, sponsoring various fishing tournaments, fishing outings, monthly Chapter meetings, Picnics, partnering with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife in Hatchery programs, assisting at the Sportsman Show, holding various fund raiser raffles and providing volunteer support for the Hall of Fame dinner and awards banquet in November. There are many other activities that the whole family would enjoy.
We are committed to safeguarding, promoting, and enhancing the social, environmental, and conservational values of sport fishing. Our mission is to take part in "educating the general public on improving, preserving and promoting sport fishing in the Columbia River and their tributary streams and rivers, which include the Sandy."
Be our guest and cruise through our website here to learn more about our chapter and how to join this dedicated group. Whether you're a weekend angler, charter captain, or just someone interested in Sandy's scenic views and its fishery, you will find it here.
Click here in order to visit our Chapter Facebook: Sandy Facebook
To join, click on the Association of Northwest Steelheaders and then click on ">>Join Today".
Election of new Chapter board members Held at the April 6, 2023 Monthly Chapter meeting.by Greg Reed
on 7/25/2022 to 8/15/2022
Election of new Chapter board members
Held at the April 6, 2023 Monthly Chapter meeting.
Please let us know if you are interested in running for any position. Many of the current board, including President have served for years and while not leaving the Chapter, do not intend on running for office in 2023. Past Officers will help the new Board in the transition.
We need candidates of all offices and supporting members. This includes, Chapter President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Newsletter editor, and Membership coordinator.
The basic duties of officers and directors of the Sandy River Chapter are as follows:
The President shall:
- Be chief elective officer of the Chapter and have the general and active management of the business and affairs of the Chapter.
- Preside at all Chapter and Board meetings.
- Appoint special and standingcommittees, which shall include Membership, Communications, Fund Raising, Program, and Projects.
- Attend Association Board of Directors meetings and prepare a Chapter Report to be presented at the meeting.
- Assume the duties of President in the President’s absence.
The Secretary shall:
1. Keep minutes and other records of activities and minutes of all Board and Chapter meetings.
The Treasurer shall:
- Be responsible for all funds belonging to the Chapter and maintain complete and accurate records of the same.
- Furnish Chapter financial reports to the Association each month and for a fiscal year beginning July 1 and ending June 30 to comply with 501 (c) (3) status.
- Develop policy and goals for the Chapter and govern the activities of the Chapter.
We also need help with the Newsletter, Membership, Volunteer hours, Chapter Website, and Chapter Website.
Calendar of Events
We (normally) meet the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 PM.
We don't normally meet in July (when we do our picnic) or August.
The public and guests are welcome!
Sam Cox Building
1208 Historic Columbia River Hwy
Troutdale, OR 97060
View Larger Map