Welcome to the website of the Sandy River Chapter of the Association of Northwest Steelheaders.
The Sandy River Chapter was formed in 1964 and is currently located along the shores of the Sandy River in Troutdale, Oregon. Since its inception, this chapter has helped by playing a key role in the development and conservation of sport fishing and is dedicated to improving the freshwater fisheries in the Northwest.
Sandy's members have a wide interest range including but certainly not limited to the following: sponsoring various fishing tournaments and outings, monthly membership meetings, assisting at the Sportsman Show, holding various fund raiser raffles and providing volunteer support for the Hall of Fame dinner and awards banquet in November. There are many other activities that the whole family would enjoy.
We are committed to safeguarding, promoting, and enhancing the social, environmental, and conservational values of sport fishing. Our mission is to take part in "educating the general public on improving, preserving and promoting sport fishing in the Columbia River and their tributary streams and rivers, which include the Sandy."
Be our guest and cruise through our website to learn more about our chapter and how to join this dedicated group. Whether you're a weekend angler, charter captain, or just someone interested in Sandy's scenic views and its fishery, you will find it here.
Attention Sandy Chapter Membersby Larry Palmer
Be a part of the Swap Meet!!
New ideas are always a bit mysterious, so let me describe our July 15 effort to you in more detail.
This effort is designed to -
- Raise a little $ for the chapter, dedicated to equipment improvements or purchases for a later family and kids fishing educational event
- Generate some funds to work on improving the Sam Cox Building where we meet. The City of Troutdale has spent some considerable sums on the building over the past few years. We’ve helped keep the costs down by volunteering on some of the construction work. A few dollars from the chapter would be appreciated by the city, I’m sure. We get a lot of use out of the building, and we want to help them out a little in return.
How can YOU help?
- By donating saleable items ( it can be fishing, outdoor gear or other type of items )
- By renting a table at the event.
- By volunteering to help for a couple hours with some simple “how to “demonstrations the chapter will be giving at tables set up for the event. Typical skills presented would be on subjects like – knot tying, making a Yarnie, sharpening hooks, tying jigs, making slinkies, how to rig up for common steelheading methods, spinner making.
- So contact me, Larry Palmer, to reserve your table for $25, or let me know what you’d like to donate, or give a “how to demo” on and we’ll make a plan about that. Best contact method is by email at email@example.com, or if necessary by phone at 503-793-9225
Set up time for the July 15th event starts at 8 AM. Get your table reserved soon!
Calendar of Events
|6/7/2017||Chapter Meeting - Guests Welcome||Steve Rothenbucher||503-257-0039|
|6/10/2017||Take a Soldier Fishing - Haag Lake Has Been Cancelled||Jack Morby||503-293-9058|
|6/14/2017||June Board Meeting||Steve Rothenbucher||503-257-0039|
|6/15/2017 to 6/19/2017||John Day River Campout||John Hydorn||503-255-0600|
|6/24/2017||ODFW Steelhead Fishing 101 Workshop||Jim Cathcart||503-238-4775x106|
We (normally) meet the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00 PM.
We don't normally meet in July (when we do our picnic) or August.
The public and guests are welcome!
Sam Cox Building
1208 Historic Columbia River Hwy
Troutdale, OR 97060
View Larger Map