News - Bank fishing for Coho - Fish Along for September 18, 2022, 2022 at Glenn Otto Park, Troutdale
Speaker for our Thursday September 1, 2022 Chapter meeting.
There has been confusion over the first Fall Chapter meeting which is on this Thursday September 1, 2022.
As a result, David Pyle is unable to speak to us on that date. However, he will be our speaker for our Thursday October 6, 2022 Chapter meeting. At our September 1, 2022 meeting.
Jeff Stoeger will be our speaker and present on Bank fishing for Coho as a prelude to our September 18, 2022 Fish along on the Sandy River.
We apologize for the change and hope to see you this Thursday at 6:30pm, Sam Cox Building & Glenn Otto Community Park, 1102 E. Historic Columbia River Hwy, Troutdale, OR
The fish along for September will focus on bank fishing for Coho. We will meet at 7:30
AM at Glen Otto Park, Sunday 18th.
- We'll try the hole at Tads and maybe then head up to Dabney Park and Oxbow Park. Day parking passes are required at Dabney and Oxbow if you don't have an annual pass.
- The gear- A light steelhead rod is fine 8 ½ to 9 ½ feet , 6 -12# test line.
- The lures- weighted casting spinners , #3 and #4 are best. Fish can also be taken with “Steelee” type spoons.
- Bobbers with jigs work also. Pink, orange, or chartreuse mixed with black or purple are often successful. Coho seem to like some “twitching “ as it floats downstream.
- Drift fishing some salmon eggs as an addition to a drifter is good, but you can also use just chartreuse yarn and a bit of scent.. crazy but hey ….it works!
As with other fish alongs I will plan to be there if you are, so I need to know if you are coming. If there are no calls or messages by Wednesday before the event, I will figure no one wants to go and I won't be there either. So contact me at-
firstname.lastname@example.org or text message 971 295-6235
Pray for rain , and I hope to see you there !
Thanks, Larry Palmer