News - Attention Sandy Chapter Members
Be a part of the Swap Meet!!
New ideas are always a bit mysterious, so let me describe our July 15 effort to you in more detail.
This effort is designed to -
- Raise a little $ for the chapter, dedicated to equipment improvements or purchases for a later family and kids fishing educational event
- Generate some funds to work on improving the Sam Cox Building where we meet. The City of Troutdale has spent some considerable sums on the building over the past few years. We’ve helped keep the costs down by volunteering on some of the construction work. A few dollars from the chapter would be appreciated by the city, I’m sure. We get a lot of use out of the building, and we want to help them out a little in return.
How can YOU help?
- By donating saleable items ( it can be fishing, outdoor gear or other type of items )
- By renting a table at the event.
- By volunteering to help for a couple hours with some simple “how to “demonstrations the chapter will be giving at tables set up for the event. Typical skills presented would be on subjects like – knot tying, making a Yarnie, sharpening hooks, tying jigs, making slinkies, how to rig up for common steelheading methods, spinner making.
- So contact me, Larry Palmer, to reserve your table for $25, or let me know what you’d like to donate, or give a “how to demo” on and we’ll make a plan about that. Best contact method is by email at email@example.com, or if necessary by phone at 503-793-9225
Set up time for the July 15th event starts at 8 AM. Get your table reserved soon!